Before you can create your Nightscout website, you need to create a GitHub account and make a copy (fork) of the Nightscout CGM-Remote-Monitor code.
Set Up GitHub
- Create a free account at Github. You will see the following screen that confirms you have a free account:
- Be sure and write down your username & password.
- After creating your account and logging in, open the master repository by clicking here –>cgm-remote-monitor
- Make a copy (“Fork”) of nightscout/cgm-remote-monitor to your own repository by clicking on the Fork button that appears top right OR click here to fork the repository –> the cgm-remote-monitor
- When prompted with ‘Where should we fork this repository?‘, select your @<gitaccountname>, and it will fork to your repository. (At the top of the page, you will now see <gitaccountname>/cgm-remote-monitor indicating you have your own copy forked from Nightscout.)