If you view your Nightscout data on an Android phone, you can create a widget which will refresh the data and place it on one of the home screens and sounds alarms .
The most recent version of the Nightscout widget APK can be downloaded from the project releases page on GitHub.
API KEY in Mongolab
In order to use the Widget you need to login to your Mongo account to obtain the API Key associated with your user name. Log in to the MongoLab management portal and click your username (not the account name) in the upper right-hand corner to open your account user profile
In the account details page scroll down and enable “Data API Access”
Once Data API access is enabled, your current API key will be displayed. As this API Key string is long it is recommended to copy and paste this into your Widget settings rather than type it directly
After downloading the NightWidget place it on your home screen (press and hold). To access the NightWidget settings click the green gear icon on bottom right of the widgets display (you may need to resize the widget to see the gear icon fully)
The following sections need to be completed:
- “Monitor” you need to select Dexcom G4 or Medtronic.
- “Widget Refresh Period” set to your preference
- “SGV Metric” select mmol or mg/dl
- “Data to show” tick the options you would like to see displayed on the widget
You can switch alarms on the widget and customise alert levels, sounds and vibrations
In order to connect to your database the following information needs to be entered into the NightWidget settings:
- “MongoDB REST Upload” – this needs to be ON/enabled
- “MongoDB URI” – needs to be entered in the format shown in the widget
- “Database Name” – your mongo database name
- “APIKEY” – this is obtained from your Mongolab account, instructions above
- “Collection Name” – the name of your collection in your mongodb
- “WEB URI” – the URL of your website
The values entered below are examples only – you need to use your specific information at each section
Move the “Disclaimer” to enabled or ON
If you have set up all the information correctly they the widget should display bgl data on your home screen. If not recheck that all information entered into the NightWidget settings is correct