Now you know how the system works, and the pieces involved. Ready to build your Nightscout rig? The steps below will get you up and running on your own DIY Nightscout installation. Each step builds on the last, and walks through the process creating your own Nightscout Rig.
TAKE YOUR TIME AND FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS, IN ORDER, AND YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Setting Up a Traditional Nightscout Rig and Site
The basic steps for setting up Nightscout using an Android uploader and a Dexcom G4 (not Share) are:
- Read the full instructions so you know where you’re headed.
- Assemble supplies to create a full Nightscout rig. (What you need depends on your CGM and uploader phone.)
- Create a database on the web to act as a repository for your CGM data (Mongolab). (Note: this step is NOT needed if you are setting up a Heroku site)
- Create a website to display your CGM data (Azure). (This part of the setup includes setting up the GitHub repository (required) and creating the Azure website. (Heroku is an alternative for the website creation.)
- Install an app on an Android phone to download data from the CGM and upload it to the database.
- Optional: install a watchface on a smart watch to display the data on your wrist.
- Nightscout with iOS and Dexcom Share (Bridge)
- Nightscout Bridge for G5
- Nightscout with xDrip and Dexcom Share (Android/Wireless)
- MiniMed Connect and Nightscout
- Nightscout with xDrip Wireless Bridge (DIY receiver)
- Nightscout for FreeStyle Libre
- Nightscout for Loop (new users)
- Nightscout for Loop (existing NS users)
You can do this. These guides are built to help you do it, and you can always ask for more help in the CGM in the Cloud group on Facebook.
ONE FINAL DISCLAIMER
All information, thought, and code described here is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Use of code from github.com is without warranty or support of any kind. Please review the LICENSE found within each repository for further details. Do not use the information or code to make medical decisions.