DO NOT USE THIS APP FOR OVERNIGHT MONITORING OR RELY ON IT FOR ALERTS! You still need to check your Dexcom.
Updated to v2.2.4 – Mar. 1, 2015. This version is for testing prior to formal request for incorporation into the community release.
For support send PM to Darryl Schick (facebook)
- All features of the Android Uploader v0.1.10 (“Cookie monster”) are preserved
- Adds direct SMS texting capability for Moto G (may also work with other Androids).
- All that is required is the Moto G, this APK, and SMS service (such as Ting).
- Remote BG check-in feature: Text “bg” or any other user-configurable code to the Moto G, and will text you back with the current BG reading
- New in version 1.9 supports mmol
- New in version 2.2.2 New option: Uploader phone rings in escalating volume when BG is out of range. Set max ringer level in SMS preferences. Interval is same as SMS out-of-range interval.
- version 2.2.4 – Bug fixed (No data alert was happening even with the alert setting off)
You may download the version 2.2.4 APK here. To install the APK to the uploader phone, you can install google drive on your phone and install it in 1-click using the link above, or download and email the APK to your Gmail account and open it on the uploader phone. An install button should appear.
It is recommended to uninstall your current uploader before installing this. You will need to re-enter your Mongo connection string and collection name, so copy them to your clipboard before uninstalling your current uploader.
After installing, in the Uploader preferences SMS menu:
- Set Enable SMS Reply: ON
- Set SMS Keyword: This is what you text to the Moto G to get it to reply with the current reading. You could set it to your child’s first name, for example.
- Set Enable SMS Messages: ON
- Enter RECIPIENTS (phone numbers to receive texts)
- Enter BG low, BG high thresholds
- Enter intervals for in-range, out of range, and no data (multiple of 5 minutes, so setting an interval of 3 = 15 minutes).
- Set OUT OF RANGE ALERT to On or Off (also set the volume level if ON)