This procedure walks you through updating your Nightscout website to the latest release using a Github pull request.
These instructions should work for most people. However, if you have problems merging the pull request due to conflicts, please use the alternate upgrade instructions to delete and re-fork cgm-remote-monitor.
- Log in to your github account, then click on your username in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Open the Repositories Tab
- Click on cgm-remote-monitor
- Click on the small green button on the left to create a pull request
- Click Edit button
- Click on the base fork button. Select your version of the code from the drop down menu (myusername/cgm-remote-monitor)
- Click Edit Button again.
- Click Compare across forks link
- Click on the head fork button. Select nightscout/cgm-remote-monitor from the drop down menu.
- Click the green “Create pull request” button.
- Enter a title and comment into the appropriate boxes and click green “Create pull request” button on the bottom right.
- Scroll down the page of changes to the code until you see the green “Merge pull request” button. Click on it.
- A “Confirm merge” button will appear. Click on it.
- Scroll back to the top of the page. If you see a purple “Merged” button, you’re done!
- If your website is hosted by Azure, it should update shortly. Try refreshing your website in about 10 minutes.